Monday, September 28, 2009

Craigslist and Scams

I think craigslist is an excellent place to look for jobs but I recommend using caution. There are many, many people looking for jobs and many people trying to scam those who are looking for jobs. I was nearly scammed about 3 weeks ago. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. If the ad asks for money in order to complete the application, then steer clear. The only jobs I have applied for through craigslist are ones which indicate the company or organization name on the ad and also have a website where you can find details about the positions. Trust your instincts. Does the website look legit? Is there a phone number and other contact information? Call and inquire about the job to make sure (Say something like, "I was calling to see if you were still accepting applications for ______.")

No comments:

Post a Comment