Thursday, October 8, 2009

NEW: Health Insurance Series

If you're new to health insurance, then brace yourself. There's a lot to learn and it is important that you know how health insurance works (and does not work). My mother is employed in the field of health care. When I was much younger she talked with me about health insurance and the information would go in one ear and out the other ear. Now that I have become a slave to my health insurance I can give you some starter advice from the perspective of a young professional. This is the very first post of my Health Insurance Series. I will try to cover topics relevant to young professionals and those new to health insurance. If you have a pertinent question feel free to leave a comment or email me at joblessgenevieve@gmail.com and I will try to steer you in the right direction. Here's food for thought:

Do not forget the recent, jobless graduates and unemployed (or underemployed) young professionals. Many who are healthy will go without insurance. However, some of us do not have that option. What do you do when you finish school, cannot be covered by your parent's health insurance, are no longer covered by your university's group plan, are unemployed, have a preexisting condition, have been determined to be medically ineligible for health insurance and only offered health care plans with HIGH deductibles? My answers coming soon in future posts...


For my international readers: I am not an expert on the health care system in other countries and would love your thoughts and opinions. Please don't feel excluded!

No comments:

Post a Comment